I had a bit of time today to really think about what I'm thankful for. I won't get into what led me to this line of thinking, but I will say that I'm thankful that it led me here.
1. I am thankful for my sisters, Gayle and Christine. They are the last ties I have to my parents, who I miss so dearly, especially around the holidays. I love you both.
2. I am thankful for my wonderful, supportive husband. He is not only my mechanic; he's my rock. He's the one who keeps me going when I think I can't go anymore. He's also the one who tells me to rest, when I can't see that I need it.
3. I am thankful for all 4 of my children, my son-in-law, 2 daughters-in-law, 2 grandsons, and my granddaughter that is on the way. They are among the blessings that I count each day.
4. I am thankful for the blogger friends that I have made. The ones I've met, and the ones I haven't. And the ones I feel like I have known all my life. You all enrich my life so much.
5. I am thankful for being invovled in BACA. Whenever I think about BACA I am proud to be a part of something that is bigger than myself.
6. I am thankful for my fabulous friends, near and far. Old and new. You ALL make my life so interesting. I love each and every one of you.
7. I am thankful for my Harley Davidson, Annabelle. She's a beauty, and she is my salvation. I'm feeling blue, I take a ride. And suddenly, my head is clear.
8. Finally, I am thankful that the bitch in the blue mini-van from Texas didn't hit my car when she came into my lane on the freeway today. I guess that makes me thankful for my good reflexes and light traffic on the I-17.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, whether you are with family, friends or both. Enjoy this life as every day was your last.