Friday, August 29, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
- My first college class at University of Phoenix was last night. I sat in a classroom for 4 hours for the first time in 18 years...ouch. Only 3 years to go! It was interesting. There were some great folks there, and some deadbeats as well. I think all the deadbeats are on my learning team...go figure.
- The weekend sucked royal ass. My yard sale on Saturday netted $16. Not good. I closed shop about Noon as it was heading up toward 110 on Saturday.
- Today, I cleaned my house from top to bottom, except the office. That may or may not be on the agenda tomorrow. We shall see.
- I've been home and out of work for more than 6 weeks now, and I'm going out of my fucking mind.
- My birthday is next Tuesday and I told my Mom not to send money...I told her to send a gift card to a restaurant, that way I won't spend my birthday gift on a bill. Seriously.
- I'm keeping Vicki home from school tomorrow because she is coughing up a storm tonight. I'm hoping a day of rest will help, as we have no health insurance right now.
- Our daughter Samantha will be here with her husband Rodrigo, and my grandson Jayden in 24 more days. I can't wait to see them. It's been too long.
- Big D's newphew is moving himself and his family out this way in October, and they'll be staying with us until they get on their feet. I hope we're back on our feet by then.
- A friend of mine heard my cry for help right here on this blog, and got me a copy of MS Office, and I paid him with my good looks. :) Thanks to all who offered me assistance. You cannot know how much it was appreciated. Paula: OpenOffice is really cool, and I thank you for turning me on to that.
- It's been weeks since I've been out with Big D on the bike. I think I'm jonesing. Maybe he'll take me for a ride on my birthday. I need to go for a ride!
- We're having a party on Sunday, like we do every year. We're not crazy. We've asked everyone to bring their own alcohol, and something to throw on the grill. We're supplying the grill and the pool. Broke people can have fun too, can't they? I hope people show up. :)
- I really want that 'M' endorsement on my license this year. I really want my bike up and running, too. I'm a little jealous of BB's bike, but I'm so happy for her, it kind of out-weighs the jealousy thing.
- I'm also jealous of Dean and Joker for going to HD's 105th Anniversary Celebration in Milwaukee. But I'm hoping they post some great stories and pics when they get back.
- And Dave, I still have to get to the damned post office. I just hate those people...they're not very happy people over there.
OK...I think that's enough of my twisted, random thoughts for tonight. I hope I didn't offend anyone. This was like free-flow typing for me. No editing involved.
I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. In the words of the eternally happy Dave Palm, "Happy Thursday!"
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
- I have applied for open/posted positions at more than 85 companies
- I've had 6 interviews and been turned down for 5 jobs (still waiting on one, but not holding my breath)
- I still haven't received an unemployment check, and won't be for at least another 3-4 weeks (they've royally screwed up my claim)
- I start school next week and I need a copy of Microsoft Office for my computer...and I can't afford it (see #3)
When it rains, it pours. I got an email rejection today for one of the jobs I interviewed for a few weeks ago. It really hit me hard. I really thought I was going to get that one. This sucks.
Hope you enjoyed the pity party. Sorry, I'm usually not like this.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
A biker stops by the Harley Shop to have his bike fixed. They couldn't do it while he waited, so he said he didn't live far and would just walk home.
On the way home he stopped at the hardware store and bought a bucket and an anvil. He stopped by the feed store/livestock dealer and picked up a couple of chickens and a goose. However, he now had a problem: how to carry all of his purchases home. The owner said, "Why don't you put the anvil in the bucket, carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in your other hand?" "Hey, thanks!" the biker said, and out the door he went.
In the parking lot he was approached by a little old lady who told him she was lost. She asked, "Can you tell me how to get to 1603 Mockingbird Lane?" The biker said, "Well, as a matter of fact, I live at 1616 Mockingbird Lane. Let's take my short cut and go down this alley. We'll be there in no time." The little old lady looked him over cautiously then said, "I am a lonely widow without a husband to defend me. How do I know that when we get in the alley you won't hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt, and ravish me?" The biker said, "Holy smokes lady! I am carrying a bucket, an anvil, two chickens, and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that?"
The lady said, "Set the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the anvil on top of the bucket, and I'll hold the chickens."
Everybody loves a biker! :)
Monday, August 11, 2008
I can't be sure if she's waving or flipping me the bird in this one. I wouldn't put it past her...she is my kid, after all!
And does anyone remember this Staples ad? I SO love this ad! I think most Moms will agree...this is the most wonderful time of the year! :)