Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Motorcycles Are Everywhere

For today's required reading, please visit my friend Shannon's blog. First, I want to thank Shannon for thinking of me & Big D when she posted this. We do ride frequently, and we see people in cages (cars) doing all kinds of dumb things when they should be driving. This is a big part of why I don't agree with texting-while-driving. In Arizona the weather is getting nicer, and a lot more bikes will be on the road in the coming months. I just want everyone to be aware, and please look out for motorcycles. Those riders are people with families and friends, just like all of you. We come from all walks of life. My husband, Big D looks kind of scary to a lot of people, especially when he's wearing his vest. And he has long hair, and lots of facial hair. But he's a really good guy, and wouldn't hurt anybody. It's a damn shame that some people will stereotype bikers because of a few bad apples. We're not all like that. I know that most of you who read my blog do not stereotype bikers, but I'm just hoping to get the word out. Thanks!

2 comments:

Veronnica said...

Finally I got a chance to read it! It was great! So true! I used to have a sticker that said watch out for bikes, my husband rides. Back then I used to as well. Very much the reason why I don't now - Arizona drivers are a whole different breed! I'm watching...

Ann said...

Thanks, V! I know you're watching!