Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Update

Has anyone ever noticed that the weekends are way too short, or is it just me? Saturday, we had some MAJOR plumbing issues at the homestead. All day, me and Big D tried to fix it ourselves. Finally, when I was getting tired of running from the front door to the master bath, I noticed that I was developing a blister on my palm from excessive plunger use. (Yes, it was really that bad!) That's when I decided that it was time to call the plumber. Roto Rooter came out and unclogged our main drain in less than an hour. 1 day wasted. Saturday night, I did laundry. The first load: all my towels that were on the bathroom floors. Sunday, I drank some beer (Miller Lite, not Mich Ultra Lime Cactus), and in between doing loads of laundry I laid out in the sun. It was a beautiful day, I think it reached 94 here in the Valley. The pool was still too cold for me, but I got my feet in it. Hopefully next weekend there will be no disasters, plumbing or otherwise, as we are planning to visit some friends that we haven't seen in about a year on Sunday. I hope everyone had a nice weekend! Or at least nicer than I did! :)

3 comments:

Paula said...

Saturday was a bummer, but it sounds like your Sunday was pretty good! If I had to do laundry all day, I wouldn't mind it so much if I could lay out in between! I think it was a whopping 42 degrees here. One of the coldest April days I've ever seen here. We have a freeze warning for tonight!!!

Lady R (Di) said...

We did honey-do's on Sunday also. There's never enough days in a weekend! Lady R

Queen B said...

you know they make Miller Lite with lime, right? :)

My weekend was way too hectic, too :( I feel ya