Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Intermittent Access and Other Random Thoughts

No, that doesn't mean we have computer or internet access issues. Intermittent access refers to the time that I'm able to dedicate to my blog and the reading of others' blogs. I apologize for that. There are several reasons for my intermittent access. School is really ramping up now. Psych nearly killed me. The class was terrible! But I passed. No final grade posted, yet, but I know it'll be at least a B. And now on to Paradigms in Health. Ugh! Work has been EXTREMELY busy in the past month or so. My boss had an administrative hearing a few weeks ago, which requires a lot of preparation on my part. And now it's 2010 budget time...fun, fun! And then there is BACA, which has taken quite a bit of my time, lately. We had a very successful benefit poker run for our friends Sticks and Dimples last weekend. You can see the pictures from that run here. Along with 2 others, I have been tasked with planning our state picnic in November. And we have our 1st Annual East Valley Poker Run coming up on October 10th. AZHD and Linda came to the benefit, and Linda even won something in the raffle! We have a lot more raffle prizes for the East Valley Run, too. I would like to formally invite all our blogger friends to this run. For those that would like to attend, the Days Inn & Suites next door to Smokey's in Mesa is offering $39.99/night when you mention the BACA run. Their normal rate for this time of year is $110, so they are really helping us out. You need to call during the day and talk to Stacy, the manager, to get this rate. The number is 480-969-3600. I hope to see some of you there! And this weekend, we're leaving Friday for Tucson, AZ to participate in the Thingamajugs Breast Cancer Run on Saturday. I'm looking forward to the weekend, and the riding, but not necessarily the ride to Tucson. There is nothing but wide open desert between Casa Grande and Tucson on I-10. That's about a solid hour of riding through nothing. At least it won't be 115° out! So, as you can see, along with everyday life, doctors appointments, Vicki, etc., I have been swamped. I'm reading some blogs from work when I can, but I can't comment from there. I'm hoping things calm down for a while, but it's not looking good right now. Ride safe!

11 comments:

Paula said...

Glad to hear from you none-the-less! Congrats on Psych class being a success, even if it was miserable. Hope the BACA picnic and runs are great successes.

Queen B said...

I am totally with you :(

Even though your plate is really full right now, it sounds like things are going well :) hang in there!

B.B. said...

Wow! Paradigms in Health sounds like a lot of fun! LOL.
I'm glad the benefit run was a success, wish we could have made it.
Busy sometimes is a good thing, it keeps us out of trouble. :)

Webster World said...

You seem to be a strong women and I'm sure you will do great. Glad the run was good too. Hopr Sticks and Dipples are doing better. You do have your plate full. It would be nice to make the run. Hell I've got kin-folk there and they been on my ass to come out for a spin. One day maybe.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

I hear you about life being busy. That's life. Post when you can, read when you can. That's what RSS readers are for. Good to hear from ya though.

mq01 said...

i can relate ann. life is so crazy that theres no way i could add classes to my mix right now. all power to you!!! have a great ride and enjoy!!

Willy D said...

Life does have a way of getting in the way, doesn’t it?

FLHX_Dave said...

Hey, we must be having the same problem....look how late I am. Do your thang girl. True friends will be eagerly awaiting your return.

mtajudy said...

Man, I was just thinking the same dang thing! I have a whole list of reasons why I havent read any of my favorite bloggers, been playing on Twitter, writting my own blog, and doing the laundry....ok, it might have to do with the fact that I hate laundry ;). Now, I am taking on another job outside my regular work week..need the $$$. Someone told me that people who are most busy get the most done. Who the hell are they kidding??? LOL

"Joker" said...

Ok, I am really, really late. You of course know about my intermittent access. Boy would I love to come out there for that run! Unfortunately, my time and money are just a tad tied up for the moment, but we're finally making progress. Hoping for a big improvement in circumstances next Spring!

Ann said...

I totally understand Joker. Well, maybe next year you and Susan can come out! :)