- My first college class at University of Phoenix was last night. I sat in a classroom for 4 hours for the first time in 18 years...ouch. Only 3 years to go! It was interesting. There were some great folks there, and some deadbeats as well. I think all the deadbeats are on my learning team...go figure.
- The weekend sucked royal ass. My yard sale on Saturday netted $16. Not good. I closed shop about Noon as it was heading up toward 110 on Saturday.
- Today, I cleaned my house from top to bottom, except the office. That may or may not be on the agenda tomorrow. We shall see.
- I've been home and out of work for more than 6 weeks now, and I'm going out of my fucking mind.
- My birthday is next Tuesday and I told my Mom not to send money...I told her to send a gift card to a restaurant, that way I won't spend my birthday gift on a bill. Seriously.
- I'm keeping Vicki home from school tomorrow because she is coughing up a storm tonight. I'm hoping a day of rest will help, as we have no health insurance right now.
- Our daughter Samantha will be here with her husband Rodrigo, and my grandson Jayden in 24 more days. I can't wait to see them. It's been too long.
- Big D's newphew is moving himself and his family out this way in October, and they'll be staying with us until they get on their feet. I hope we're back on our feet by then.
- A friend of mine heard my cry for help right here on this blog, and got me a copy of MS Office, and I paid him with my good looks. :) Thanks to all who offered me assistance. You cannot know how much it was appreciated. Paula: OpenOffice is really cool, and I thank you for turning me on to that.
- It's been weeks since I've been out with Big D on the bike. I think I'm jonesing. Maybe he'll take me for a ride on my birthday. I need to go for a ride!
- We're having a party on Sunday, like we do every year. We're not crazy. We've asked everyone to bring their own alcohol, and something to throw on the grill. We're supplying the grill and the pool. Broke people can have fun too, can't they? I hope people show up. :)
- I really want that 'M' endorsement on my license this year. I really want my bike up and running, too. I'm a little jealous of BB's bike, but I'm so happy for her, it kind of out-weighs the jealousy thing.
- I'm also jealous of Dean and Joker for going to HD's 105th Anniversary Celebration in Milwaukee. But I'm hoping they post some great stories and pics when they get back.
- And Dave, I still have to get to the damned post office. I just hate those people...they're not very happy people over there.
OK...I think that's enough of my twisted, random thoughts for tonight. I hope I didn't offend anyone. This was like free-flow typing for me. No editing involved.
I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. In the words of the eternally happy Dave Palm, "Happy Thursday!"