Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Evil Allergy Meds

Allergy season is upon us in sunny Arizona. And while I'm a fan of our wonderful spring temperatures, I suffer from seasonal allergies. Last night, I was particularly clogged up, and my eyes were itchy and bloodshot. I knew it was going to be a bad night when I could smell the orange blossoms. I decided to take one of Big D's Claritin D-24 hour pills. It was 8:30 p.m. I went to bed at 9:00, and woke up at 12:30. I tried to go back to sleep 3 times. I tried reading, watching TV, listening to some music, and relaxing in Big D's recliner (which usually does the trick). No dice. I went back to bed at 3:30 and the alarm started going off at 4:00. Big D got up to get some coffee. He asked if I was getting up (he knew I had a tough night). I got up, got some coffee, and sat down to watch the news (our morning ritual). Big D asked me why I had trouble sleeping, and I replied, "I was hopped up on your Claritin-D, doesn't that stuff bother you?" He takes this stuff every night. He sleeps just fine. Now that I think about it, he's older than me, so maybe I'm not getting old, just changing. Yeah, that must be it. Because I'm not old, nor am I getting old - EVER! ;o) The story doesn't end there. As I'm driving to work I realize that I have enough energy to run a freakin' marathon! I am wired for sound!!! As I type this now, my fingers are flying on the keyboard (faster than usual). I have the attention span of a gnat (no comments from the peanut gallery - KRAMER!). I won't be taking Claritin-D again at night. That's for sure! I'll have to start taking it in the mornings. Hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight.

No comments: