Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Special Delivery

It's funny how wires can get crossed between an employer and employee. It's funny, too, how one day can really screw you up, mentally.

As most of you know, on June 10th, I received notice that my position was being eliminated and my last day would be July 10th. That's the date in the letter I received, too.


The funny thing is, apparently the Fed-Ex man made a special delivery today, and it was my severance package with the following line: "Our records indicate your last date of employment with the company as July 9, 2008." You wouldn't think that one day would be a big deal, and it isn't, really. Just mentally. That, paired with the fact that my 'fearless leader' is on vacation until 7/15, makes me feel all warm and cozy. Not so much.

So, here's to my new-found freedom, here's to my severance package coming one day early, and here's to me finding a job real soon! Cheers!


16 comments:

Lady R (Di) said...

Cheers to one closed door and to the new ones yet unopened! Hang in there, girl. Good things come to those who wait. (and keep looking!) LOL!

Queen B said...

Definitely cheers to the severance package! I'm with lady ridesalot... I'm excited to hear about the new door that opens for you!

Dean "D-Day" said...

Keep the faith sister. Something will present itself (probably when you least expect it!)
In the mean time...Cheers!

Ann said...

Thanks, ladies. I'll keep you all posted. And if you hear of any great jobs in the greater Phoenix area, please let me know! :)

Ann said...

Thanks, Dean. I just know this is going to turn into a great opportunity sooner or later! Cheers!

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Ann,
Wishing you the best of luck in yo job hunt. Hope you find something superior to the last!

Jen said...

Good luck!!!! Craigslist is the best in my area for job hunting...I don't know if it's the same out there...

Andrea said...

Stay strong and keep that positive attitude. Here's to doors opening for you!

Jinjer said...

You are totally right! This will turn into a GREAT opportunity for you!

Kim Thomas said...

I am pulling for you to find something really soon!

"Joker" said...

Due to my injury disability, I'm out of work since February now, with no end in sight.

Here's a beer right back at 'ya!

I just hope my wife finds a full-time job soon, or it's going to be a lousy Christmas around here.

Paula said...

I think keeping a positive attitude is the best thing! It shows off the best of a person. I don't do beer, but my next margarita is to you!

Veronnica said...

You and Tim appear to work for the same company (or really not so much anymore since his last day was yesterday too!). Asswipes! LOL! Have a beer for me when you are celebrating! I can't drink right now, I'm at work! Love You - Good Luck with the job hunt too!

Ann said...

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I just know that this kind of positive energy will ensure that a great opportunity comes my way soon!

Jane said...

More positive energy coming, please let me know if you need a reference - would love to help if I can.

Ann said...

Thanks, Jane. I appreciate it!