Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Ann.

A lot of our concepts of beauty, art and form come from the classic Greece.
Our sense of democracy was born in Greece.
Greek architecture still prevails our way of building homes and buildings with class.
Many of our greatest story's,myths and history come from that illustrious country.
And Greek women's features are still the standard of which we judge beauty.
Classic statues and legends.
I understand how a face could launch a thousand ships.
I know why men dreamed of Aphrodite's and Venus.
I watched as the sun playfully danced through your hair as you stepped out to view the sunrise.
I could see the rays shout in joy as they caressed your lovely features.
For this illuminating of your radiance is surely why the sun makes it's long journey to the earth.
When it finds such a treasure it coaches flowers to bloom in tribute.
Early morning birds sing to herald your entrance to the day.
Trees bend in the wind just to catch a peek.
A famous quoter's author surely had you in mind when his pen was put to paper, To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind.
I do both easily and with gratitude.
You make it impossible to do otherwise.
Your greatest gift is to allow those around you to be who they are.
I am nurtured and guided by the example you set.
And humbled by your support.
Once a joke was told of now being able to trade you for two eighteen year olds, It would be a fool's bargain.
For in that I would surely be selling a diamond for two pieces of coal.
Happy Birthday Love. I look forward to being there for many, many more
BIG DADDY Daryl Nelson

13 comments:

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Aaaaaw, Sweet!

Happy Birthday Ann!

Jen said...

Is that Yanni?

Queen B said...

awwwwww :) Happy Birthday!

Ann said...

To all the young 'uns: It's not Yanni (Jen) it's The Moody Blues. Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

Imagine my surprise to see a new post on my blog this morning! I have the best husband in the world, don't I? :)

B.B. said...

Happy Birthday! And yes, I'd say you do have a wonderful husband, and I think he has a wonderful wife as well! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How nice and beautiful was that???? Happy Birthday and may this year be better than the last! Have a great day! Love ya!

Paula said...

Happy Birthday!!!

IHG said...

The two of you ROCK!! Happy Birthday, Ann!!!

Dean "D-Day" said...

Happy Birthday Ann!!!

And Big D -
You are an awesome man. May our roads someday cross.

FLHX_Dave said...

Yeah Big D. That was just awesome and fitting for the lady of your life. Your a good man and I'll stick my foot up anyone's ass who doesn't agree with me.

Ann said...

Dave: You fucking ROCK!!!! :)

Jinjer said...

Happy Birthday Ann!!!

Lady R (Di) said...

I know this is belated, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sorry I missed it! I was seriously missing all you guys! Hope you have many many more!