Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Saturday Ride to Cave Creek, AZ

On Saturday we decided to get the hell out of the house for a while with our friends Jeff & Jen. We decided to catch the monthly 'Hogs & Dogs' event at Buddy Stubbs HD in Phoenix first. We had a great free lunch and did some shopping around. Big D, whose road name is now Caveman, wanted to get his bike washed by the Miller Lite girls, but we just didn't have enough time! Jeff had some plate issues, as you will see in the slideshow, and we attempted a quick fix, but it was no-go. Hope he gets that issue solved soon! Then it was on to The Hideaway in Cave Creek. The ride up to Cave Creek took us through parts of the beautiful Sonoran Desert. I feel so lucky to live here, and to be able to ride through beautiful scenery like this. The Hideaway is a great place to hang out and have a beer with other like-minded souls. It's largely a biker hangout, and full of friendly faces. We really enjoyed it there this time. Last time, not so much. Maybe we were there on the wrong day last time, whatever. We ran into a bit of trouble on the way home with a white Jeep full of bitches. That's the only way I can explain it...they cut us off, and I was not happy...but I did get their picture. :) Hope you enjoy the show!

13 comments:

B.B. said...

Glad you guys got out for some fun! Sounds like a great day, except for the dumb bitches in the jeep. I hate bitches!
Great slideshow, the music was perfect!
Ha ha, Cave Creek...perfect for your Caveman!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you gettin gout and doing some riding. I hope BigD finishes your bike soon, so you can be riding up front!

IHG said...

Great slideshow! Love all the Cactus!!!

Damn those Jeep Bitches!! Karma...it always comes back to get ya so them Bitches will get theirs...lol!

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Beautiful scenery pics. Makes me want to take a trip through the desert.

Queen B said...

wow, I feel like I was there... from the comfort of my AC'ed living room ;)

stupid bitches

Dean "D-Day" said...

I've never been through the desert. Looks like a great ride.

FLHX_Dave said...

I hate repeating myself but I need to get out there! Awesome show and I forgot I was sitting in the coffee shop. That was a perfect ride. Desert riding is the best. It's wide open. Thanks for sharing

Caveman, lol.

"Like! OMG! Like...somebody should totally, like, kick those bitches to the curb!"

Jinjer said...

Looks like a fun time, except for the biatches!

Lady R (Di) said...

Very nice! I especially loved the pic of you and Big D as the shadow riders. Very cool! I ended up riding bitch all the way home last weekend, but I made the best of it and tried to get some good pics. Shadow pics were my target too! I'm glad you had a great ride and looks like the scenery was excellent. Ride on!

"Joker" said...

Lady R beat me to the complement of your shadow pic! Damn! That's ok though, I'm sure you can suffer through more than one compliment.

Looks like a good time. I've never ridden in the desert either. I'm reserving judgement on whether or not I wanna go there, depending on what happens to Animal.

Beware them Jeep bitches!

Ann said...

BB: Yeah, Caveman loves Cave Creek! LOL

Mrs RC: It was great to get out, and yeah, I need my bike! :)

Steph: Yup...them Jeep bitches will get theirs, I'm sure of it! And if you love all the cactus, you should definitely come visit! :)

Mr. M: Come on out!

QB: It actually wasn't that bad out this weekend. It was only 100, and you have lived here, so you know that's not bad at all!

Dean: Riding in the desert is awesome...except in July and August. :)

Dave: You need to bone up on your partying skills and then come out! And I wanted to kick those bitches to the curb, but Caveman wouldn't let me!

Jinjer: Even with the bitches, it was a great day!

LadyR: Why did you have to ride bitch on the way home? What happened? I have been trying to get a good shadow pic of us for a while now, and I finally did it.

Joker: Yeah, I'll suffer through it! LOL! Thank you!
LOL! You're reserving judgement pending the outcome of a fictional story? I better make sure Caveman is aware of this! We want you to come out here and ride with us! :)

Veronnica said...

Looks like it was a great ride with great friends and fun, and a nice day to be out on the bikes! The pictures were awesome - I still love being here in the desert!

MPSpringer said...

First time in AZ. Im heading down there next week with my Harley. Im looking for information on the ride to Cave Creek. Any suggestions for this ride or any other ride i should do? Really looking forward to the nice weather!! Springer.Scott@gmail.com