Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm A One-Trick Pony!

A few weeks ago, (I think) Big D and I were driving to or from somewhere in the car, and I recall him saying to me, "You're a one-trick pony, hon." For some reason, this popped into my mind on my drive home from work yesterday. I was sitting in traffic on good ol' Grand Avenue (a.k.a. doing the Grand Avenue shuffle), and all of a sudden I could not stop laughing! I'm sure the other Grand Ave shufflers thought I was either laughing at something on the radio, talking on my celly, or just plain crazy. I really don't care. The fact of the matter is, I don't remember why Big D called me a one-trick pony! When I got home, I asked him about it, and he couldn't remember, either. Then it hit us: I can never remember anything! That's my one trick! If we see that a movie is coming out on DVD, I'll ask him, "Did we see that?" And usually his answer is yes. I can't remember it, though! Now that I think about it, it's pretty amazing that I was a successful administrative assistant for over 12 years, because I really don't remember much. I must write everything down, or it's gone. So, I'm a one-trick pony, but apparently, Big D is also a one-trick pony with the same trick, because it took a while for him to remember why he called me that!

No comments: