Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Greek Pizza Guy From Boston!

How cool is it that the owner of the new pizza & sub place near our house is Greek and from Boston?! His name is Nick. I am not going to attempt spelling his last name; as I said, he's Greek. I'm sure it's something-opoulis. Anyway, he and I started talking and it turns out that his wife is back east visiting family in Hideaway Village! For those of you not in the know: Hideaway Village is where I spent half my childhood summers! It's a small village of cottages right on the beach in Buzzards Bay. We talked some more, and I learned that we know some of the same people, too! Very cool! Then Nick tells me that he has been in Arizona for a year, and he hates it. He hates the heat, hates the food, hates everything. He's thinking about moving back, but he also hates the snow! I know how he feels about the snow...that's a four-letter word! I also hate the food here. I think once you have lived in Boston where there's fresh seafood everywhere you go, and some of the best Italian food in the country; well, you just can't find anything like that west of the Mississippi. So I told Nick that we have stayed here so long because we hate the snow there more than we hate the food here. He said that's why he opened the pizza place: he does too! It was nice talking to him. My husband asked me how I could understand him (he has a really thick Greek accent) and I told him it was reminiscent of talking to my grandfather when he was still alive. I understood him perfectly. What a trip! Oh, and the pizza was absolutely THE BEST that we've had since moving here almost 7 years ago! Woo-hoo!

No comments: