Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

On Our Way to Virginia Beach!

The tickets have finally been purchased...and what a screamin' deal!!! I paid $551 for 3 round-trip tix from PHX to RDU. The average price for 3 tix to that area was about $1300! God bless Southwest Airlines! I saved over $700!!! YAY ME! Now I just have to get Big D's tux rented and get the alterations done on Vicki's flower girl dress. (It has a train, and it's too long.) I'll probably pay more for alterations than I paid for the dress! We're flying to the east coast for our oldest son's wedding. Rex and Deja will be exchanging vows on Virginia Beach. Right on the beach; how exciting is that? I really cannot wait to spend some quality time with the ocean that I so love and desperately miss!!! I'm also hoping to spend some time with our daughter Sammi, who is also in the Navy, like Rex & Deja. She too, is stationed in Virginia, but doesn't know if she'll be out to sea that week or not. We haven't seen her in a couple of years, so I'm hoping she's around, even though I know the damned US Navy doesn't acknowledge my vacation plans...who the hell do they think they are, anyway? They already screwed up Rex's plans to have his brother Eric as his best man, as Eric and his wife, Toshia are now in Korea for a year. (see blog from May 1st). So now Big Daddy is the best man (what an honor to have your son ask you to be your best man!) and he's been working on his toast. Clearly, it won't be as witty as any toast I would write, but I'm sure it will be just fine. Maybe I'll help him write it on the long flight.

No comments: