Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Friday, May 11, 2007

How I Celebrate Mother's Day

This year, I am going to celebrate Mother's Day by sipping drinks by the pool all day. While I am doing that, I will be thinking about the following:
  • Rex and his fiance Deja who are in Virginia, in the Navy. They are getting married in June, and then will be stationed in either Guam or Hawaii (come on, Hawaii!).
  • Eric and his wife Toshia who are stationed in Korea for a year, at two separate bases 4 hours apart. It will be a tough year for them, but they will persevere.
  • Samantha who is also stationed in Virginia, in the Navy. She's out on her first cruise on her ship as I write this.
  • Vicki who is in her final days of the 3rd grade, with quite possibly the absolute worst 3rd grade teacher in the world.
  • Big D - who gave me all these wonderful children to love and worry about.
  • My Mom, whom I consider to be one of the luckiest women alive for being happily married to my father for so many wonderful years, and to have 3 beautiful daughters like us.
  • My sisters, who both have great families.
  • My niece who is expecting her first child; a son.
  • My friends that have been through hell with their kids, and have finally gotten them on the right road; and the ones who are still fighting.

These are the people that will be in my thoughts on Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day Chick! Hope you have a great one! Love Ya, V

Ann said...

Thanks, V. Back at ya!