Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Walk to D'Feet ALS

Hey, everyone. On January 19th, 2008, I am once again participating in the Walk to D'Feet ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). For those of you that are not familiar with this disease, I envy you. Here is a link to get some quick info on this debilitating and deadly disease. My father, George Studley lost his battle with ALS on January 18, 2005, just 3 short days after I completed that year's walk. He never saw the team shirts we got made up. He never saw the team shirt that our whole team signed for him. (It got there the day after he passed away.) He knew of my efforts in the walk, and appreciated them. My team name is Dad's Desert Angels, and Dad loved the name. I think my Mom and my sisters will agree, Dad was always larger than life to us. And to watch him waste away with this terrible disease just shattered us. I participate in this walk for many reasons, but the top two are: 1. It is my wish to help eradicate this disease so other families will not have to endure what we all went through. 2. I still feel a bit guilty for living nearly 3,000 miles away when Dad got sick. I'm thankful that I got to see him on Thanksgiving in 2004. Please follow this link to my personal walk page, and donate if you can. I appreciate any help I can receive in getting to my personal goal. Thank you.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Gavin and myslef will walk with you this year, as long as nothing crazy happens before then!

Kim Thomas said...

Go Ann!!

Simply Curious said...

This is EXTREMELY admirable. Kudos to you!

Teri said...

I would like to do something for a cause like this. good job!

Ann said...

Thanks to everyone for your comments, support and donations!