Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Strange Laws

Here are some strange laws I found from various online sources. Some of them I know to be true. Most are absurd. All of them are funny. Virginia may be for lovers, but West Virginia is for meat lovers. Officials in the Mountain State have deemed it perfectly legal for anyone to scavenge road kill. The original Road Kill Cafe is in WV, I think. In Scituate, Rhode Island, it is illegal to drive with beer in your vehicle even if it is unopened. So, in other words, if you’re a beer delivery driver you’re screwed. In Topeka, Kansas, it is unlawful to transport dead poultry along Kansas Avenue. The lesson here: look elsewhere for a KFC. No need to get your Lexus Sport Luxury Sedan painted blaze orange. Hunting from cars in Connecticut is illegal, even during deer season. In Alaska it is illegal to look at a moose from the window of an airplane or any other flying vehicle. Those moose are so private! Every citizen of Kentucky is required by law to take a bath once a year. It's scary that there needed to be a law stating this at one time! In San Salvador drunk drivers are punished by death before a firing squad. I think Sheriff Joe is trying to get this law passed in Maricopa County. Impotence is grounds for divorce in twenty-four states in the United States. Why not all 50? In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal. No charades games there, I'm guessing. In Virginia, the Code of 1930 has a statute which prohibits corrupt practices or bribery by any person other than political candidates. I'm pretty sure this statute was expanded to the whole country shortly thereafter. In Washington State, you can't carry a concealed weapon that is over 6 feet in length. I think the key word here is concealed. In Phoenix, Arizona, you can't walk through a hotel lobby with spurs on. Damn! In Massachusetts: It is illegal to give beer to hospital patients. Do martinis served in a large thermos count, I wonder?! At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches. So if they're hungry they should hit a Subway before the memorial services? Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked. My dad broke this one all the time! All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday. WTF? Hunting on Sundays is prohibited. Then why bring the rifle to church??? Tattooing and body piercing is illegal. This law was actually repealed just a few years back. When I got my first tattoo, I had to go to Rhode Island to get it. Tomatoes may not be used in the production of clam chowder. As it should be!

6 comments:

Big Daddy said...

it is illegal to hunt whales from the bed of a moving pickup truck.........
in Tenessee

Mike said...

My favorite Michigan law: It is illegal for a woman to cut her hair without her husband's permission.

My wife is going to prison.

Jane said...

Damn where will I wear those spurs?

Kim Thomas said...

This is the best: In Alaska it is illegal to look at a moose from the window of an airplane or any other flying vehicle.

Ann said...

Big D: I remembered that one, but I couldn't find it anywhere!

Mike: Big D would say the same thing of me!

Jane: I think it's legal to wear them to Rawhide! :o)

Kim: I liked that one, too!

Teri said...

These are really funny!