Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Friday, June 1, 2007

Toxic Boss Syndrome - The Silent Killer

Hmmm, can you feel it? There are some changes coming! I can't divulge exactly what they are, though. Not yet. That wouldn't be any fun! And it's not what you're thinking, either...I guarantee it! I can tell you that I have come down with Toxic Boss Syndrome. If you're not sure what this is, or suspect you may have it, here is a light smattering of the symptoms:
  • pain in neck and shoulders (so bad it makes you cry)
  • terrible stomach pains at night
  • head-twisting headaches that do not go away
  • did I mention pain in the neck and shoulders?
  • extreme anxiety attacks and possible paranoia
  • shortness of breath
  • inability to make a decision
  • speaking to yourself incoherently in the car on your drive home (people will think you are a maniac)
  • unnaturally exhausted at the end of a normal day
  • missing cell-phone

Those are just some of the horrible symptoms that I live with every day. Toxic Boss Syndrome is a very serious condition. If you suspect that you have it, you may want to make some changes in your life. If you can't get rid of your Toxic Boss, then you need to get away from him/her as fast as humanly possible! This condition can worsen into depression and even broken marriages! No boss or job is worth your mental well-being or your marriage, is it?

Now for those of you who are wondering, "Is her marriage in trouble?" The answer is NO. Big D still leaves me voice mails to tell me he loves me and that I'm a beautiful woman. He makes me smile every single day, and he has for the last 11 wonderful years. He has also encouraged me to make some changes so we can really enjoy our lives again, because Toxic Boss Syndrome has really begun to take it's toll on me.

So, change is in the air. More to come. Soon, I hope.

1 comment:

Veronnica said...

That was hella funny! LOL! But don't leave me hanging sista - the suspense is killing me - hook a sista up!