Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dream Girls - Review

I don't have a whole lot to say about this movie. I didn't think it was all it was cracked-up to be, but it didn't suck. Eddie Murphy's character, Jimmy Early was entertaining, but you could see how that was going to end. (I won't give it away in case you haven't seen it.) Beyonce was OK. Again, not great but didn't suck. Jennifer Hudson played Effie White, and she kicked ass. What a voice!!! Danny Glover was really good, but no punch to his character, Marty Madison. Here's a fun fact: Beyonce Knowles lost twenty pounds on a diet of water and cayenne pepper both to appear younger (as her character is only a teenager when the film begins) as well as to better match the petite female styles of the film's era. Water and cayenne pepper??? What the hell was she thinking? Is that what I have to do to lose twenty pounds? I hope not, because I would rather keep the weight than kill myself with a crazy-ass diet! And I though Slimfast was bad!

No comments: