Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

MRI's Suck!

Let's see, dress me in a paper-thin piece of cloth, bring me into a very cold room, wrap my arm in a pillow, give me some earplugs and slide me into a tiny hole for 20 minutes on a cold hard surface...sound like fun? Not so much! Not one of the better experiences in my life. But, hopefully the doc will figure out what's wrong now and fix it! I didn't know MRI's were so noisy, either! And the guy could have warned me a little better: MRI guy: Here's some earplugs for you. Me: Huh? MRI guy: The machine gets a little noisy. Me: Uhhh, OK. How noisy? MRI guy: Oh, it's not bad with the earplugs in. Me: OK. What he didn't tell me is that the whole frickin machine vibrates and is still very loud with the earplugs! And it moved, too! I was a little freaked out. But I did my deep breathing, closed my eyes and went to my happy place. By the time it was over, I felt very relaxed - thanks to Big D for teaching me how to relax and go to my happy place! I now understand why peeps who are claustrophobic have to get the open MRI. I am not claustrophobic and it bothered me. I was picturing something like when I had my first CT-Scan at age 15 (I think), and it was a HUGE hole they slid me into, and it wasn't bad at all. I was sadly mistaken thinking it would be similar to that. Well, I'm glad it's over. Now we can move on to healing!! Soon, I hope! I'm running out of painkillers!

2 comments:

Veronnica said...

I dunno sweetie... something about a big vibrating bed is sounding really good right now! LOL! Ha ha ha ha! I'm so sick and twisted, but I've learned from the best!

Veronnica said...

No, but really, when will the doctor know what the outcome was? I think you should do whatever he tells you - just get it fixed, get it fixed right to begin with so you don't have long-term issues! I'm still hoping for a speedy recovery (and lots of pain meds to go with it)!!