- Large diamond ring on Sam's finger in pic she sent us from boot camp (we got a really small pic, so you have to REALLY look at the bottom corner to see it)
- Large-sum jewelery store bill sent to our house by mistake
- Rodrigo moving to VA with her after boot camp
- Scramble to get an apartment (and get out of her brother's house) before we got to VA for the wedding
- The lovely "Rodrigo" tattoo on Sam's back (saw that at the beach)
Now if you take all of that into consideration, it should be fairly clear. Though, I would like you to please keep in mind, not only are we old and frail, but this was over the timespan of at least 6 months. Now, the piece of the puzzle that completed the picture:
- The piece of junk mail I found at Rex's house with Sam's married name on it
- And her husband labeling pics on his myspace account as "Me & Wifey" didn't hurt, either - but that was more of a confirmation, as we bumped into that yesterday
Big D has suspected this since the jewelery store bill showed up at our house. I did not suspect anything until "the great apartment hunt" began. The only thing we don't understand is why they didn't tell us! When Eric got married, he asked us to be witnesses, and we said, "You're too young," and then we said, "Of course we will, if that's what you want." You see, we did the best we could with them, and what we didn't teach them in their 18 young years, they will learn as they grow. We love them, and will do anything we can for them, and that's a promise.
I think the funniest thing about all of this is when I asked Deja, "Are they married?" after I found the piece of junk mail. Deja's response was to give me a total 'deer-in-the-headlights' look and stutter! Well said, Deja! LOL!
I hope that Samantha and Rodrigo have many happy years together. I really do. We had the pleasure of meeting Rodrigo while in VA, and we both really like him. He' s a very nice guy. I just want to offer this piece of advice to both of you: be nice to each other, and respect each other. It's not always easy, either, so don't be quick to throw in the towel!
Now that I know their anniversary date, it can be added to my blog!
Veronnica - I hope you're happy!