Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Very Funny Story

I have a funny story to tell, but first, the video that reminded me of the story. The video is not that long, and it's really funny: http://www.glumbert.com/physical. Did you watch it? Good. Now, the video itself is funny. But I was laughing so hard that I was crying! It reminded me of going to the gym with my Mom when I was about 18 or 19 years old. My Mom wanted to try some new equipment at the gym, so we walked around looking at everything. Then she spied the cross-country ski machine. I don't know what made her do it, but she jumped on without even reading the instructions or knowing anything about it. Let me stop for a moment and say that my Mom and I don't exactly have stellar hand-eye coordination. Nor can either of us walk a straight line - ever. If we walk anywhere together, we have to keep a distance of at least 2 feet between us so we don't bump into each other as we're walking. So, Mom gets on this cross-country ski machine, and immediately, she is all arms and legs akimbo! I've never seen anything like it! It was a close call, and she almost landed on the floor, but caught herself just before the moment of impact! I was laughing so hard that I couldn't help her up! She was laughing so hard, she couldn't help herself up! Needless to say, we left the gym immediately after that incident. We did return to the gym after that, but cautiously avoided the cross-country ski machine! In the ensuing years, Mom and I have often laughed about her ski-machine episode. I emailed her the link to the video this morning after I saw it on the news. Her reaction was, "It's funny, but I feel bad." Yeah, Mom. It is funny, but not as funny as the ski-machine!

4 comments:

Veronnica said...

I thought the video was f'ing hilarious! It's a good thing they didn't have video cameras in gyms back in the day! LOL! Love Ya!

Kim Thomas said...

I can't get the freaking video to work.

Ruth Anne said...

I can't laugh at the video either!

Jen said...

I walk in figure 8s too!