Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Best Picture!


Last month, my sister told me that the picture of Dad on my ALS walk site was horrible. I agree, it wasn't his best, but I didn't really have any good ones of him. So I worked with what I had. (Everybody's a critic!) So, my dear sister began her mission of finding a better picture for that site.


She sent me the picture yesterday, but it was compressed with some strange compression software and I couldn't open it. Today, she sent it to me in .jpg format (thanks, Chris!) and I now have the best picture! It's Dad and my brother-in-law, Ed, sitting on a bench somewhere in Florida. It's the best picture for a couple of reasons. First, my Dad loved being in Florida and he looks so relaxed in this picture...it's totally representative of how he was while he was there. Second, I absolutely LOVE that they are sitting almost as if they posed (which I am positive they did not!). Third, I don't have many pictures of my brother-in-law, and this is a great picture of him! Finally, I think this is one of the last pictures taken of Dad before he lost all the weight and was diagnosed.
Thanks for the picture, Chris! I promise I will post it on my ALS walk page for next year's walk!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your welcome. I'm glad i could help. Its a great picture...

Queen B said...

Great pic :) yeah, real men don't pose!

Mike said...

Great picture Ann and it is always good to have those good memories.

Veronnica said...

A coupla great looking guys! I agree, this pictures shows your dad the way you want to remember him!

Shannon said...

That is an awesome picture of your Dad. Much more lively then the one on the walk page. With a contagious smile to boot.

Jenn Ann said...

A tad redundant, but great photo!

Ann said...

Sorry, everyone, if it's too redundant. But I guess if it is, you can just not look at it! :)

Jinjer said...

Great pic!!