Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Brake-Light Charlie


A few weeks ago, while driving between two bars, we got stuck behind a Brake-Light Charlie. I absolutely HATE being stuck behind these drivers! Don't know what a Brake-Light Charlie is?


A Brake-Light Charlie is the person who is always tap-tap-tapping the brakes - for no good reason. There is no dog in the road, there is no vehicle in front of him for at least a 1/2 mile, and yet he continues to tap that brake. He's not turning anywhere, he's not lost, he's not looking for a turnoff because there isn't one! He just likes to tap on his brakes. This makes it very difficult to drive behind him, as you don't know when he's really going to use his brakes to stop! It drives me nuts!


When you get stuck behind a BLC, there are a few things you can do:


1. Pass them, if possible.
2. Deal with it and hope he turns soon.
3. If you can't pass them, and you can't deal with it, turn in to a parking lot and let them get WAY ahead of you.


If you don't like any of those options, you can always get your crossbow out of the back seat and...Well, maybe that's not really an option!


I think the only thing worse than being stuck behind a BLC is having someone tailgate! That will be my next pet peeve blog. I even have a special sticker on my back window for tailgaters! :o)


Have a nice weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

Mike said...

Ohhhhh....you have hit on a major pet peeve of mine. Those people that constantly tap their brakes drive me nuts. I wish my truck was equipped with a cannon for just such an occasion.

My other pet peeve is people who drive slower than the speed limit but insist on occupying the fast lane on the freeway trying to regulate traffic.

Michelle said...

thats how all the Q-Tips drive here...one foot on the gas and one on the break..the entire way down Bay Road! I am still trying to figure out how they get anywhere to begin with!

Kim Thomas said...

LOL, you sound like David. I think sometimes I am Charlie......

Teri said...

you are so funny. break light charlie made me lol

Jinjer said...

Brake light charlie! Haha I love it! They bug me so bad too! I sometimes like to get in front of them and become a BLC tright back to them!!

Simply Curious said...

And again, I'm glad I don't drive.

Jenn Ann said...

I can't wait to see your special sticker...

Simon Jester said...

No....
The cross-bow works for me.