Words to Live By

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Very Serious Issue

I usually don't have required reading, but today I must. Please click here. Do not read the rest of this post until you read the article, please. Have you read it? Do you do it? Are you going to continue? I heard someone call into the radio station this morning, and she said, "Yeah, but she was just a teenager." So, according to this bozo, adults (which, by the way, the 'teenager' was 18-which is a legal adult) are better at driving while not watching the road. Not so much. Anything can happen on the road. My daughter could have been crossing the street. My husband could have been riding his motorcycle in the opposite lane. The person she hit could have been me or someone close to me. People seem to have a very cavalier attitude towards driving, and it really ticks me off! Now I'm not saying that I'm a perfect driver...believe me, I'm not! And if you don't believe me, Big D will be happy to tell you all about it, because he's "a professional driver and does it all day long for a living". (I hear it a lot.) But because I am aware, and can ADMIT that I'm not perfect, I do not, nor have I ever, texted while driving. I know some of you bloggers have admitted to doing this. Please know this: I don't have a lot of peeps who read my blog as it is! I cannot afford to lose any readers! So if you're reading this post, then my plea to you is: Please do not text while driving anymore. I'm sure it can wait until you get home, or until you stop somewhere. And just to clear things up, I am not opposed to talking on the celly while driving. I do this frequently. But texting and driving don't mix. Friends don't let friends drive while texting.

5 comments:

Veronnica said...

I'm guilty, guilty, guilty!

Big Daddy said...

texting while driving IS THE HIEGHT OF STUPIDIDTY.
From a vantage point high above all you "4 wheelers"
if you saw the things people do while driving;
You'd never get in a car again.

Big Daddy said...

damn missipelled stupidity That was stupid...Big D

Ruth Anne said...

I might be guilty of doing stupid things when I drive, but I am a lot more experienced than a crazy 18 year old.

Ann said...

I find it very interesting that the Champ and Queen B are silent on this issue, as they have admitted to doing this!